TUITION AND FEES REFUND POLICY
REFUND POLICY: All tuition refunds exclude the equipment, supplies, and fees portion of the tuition which totals $1,250.00. This $1,250 fee is applied equally to both payment periods. Please note that in sections 2-6 of this policy the $50.00 application fee is non refundable.
(1) In the rare case that an applicant is denied admission into the program all fees, including the application fee, and tuition paid by the applicant will be fully refunded.
(2) Cancellation prior to commencement of classes. Cancellation may be given by accepted student any time prior to the commencement of classes in a written statement.
(3) If the student cancels the enrollment agreement before the student has entered into instruction the school will refund payments received for tuition, equipment, supplies and fees (excluding the non refundable application fee).
(4) The institution assesses tuition, equipment, supplies and fees charges for the program in substantially equal increments at the beginning of each of the two payment periods in the program. If the student gives a written notice to the school of their intention to cancel their commitment to the course of study after the first day of instruction, or ceases without notice, the refund will be the amount of the tuition charged to the student for the payment period multiplied by the ratio of remaining number of scheduled clock hours in 60% of the payment period to the total number of scheduled clock hours in the payment period. If the student terminates on or after 60% of the payment period program hours the student shall not be entitled to any refund for that payment period.
(5) If a student terminates due to the student’s physical incapacity or due to the transfer of the student’s spouse’s employment to another city, the terminating student shall receive a refund of tuition charges in an amount that equals the amount of tuition charged to the student for the payment period multiplied by the ratio of the remaining number of scheduled clock hours in the payment period to the total number of scheduled clock hours in the payment period. The student will be required to submit proper medical documentation to Carlson College of Massage Therapy to verify physical incapacity. The student will be required to submit workplace documentation to Carlson College of Massage Therapy outlining the transfer of spouse’s employment to another city.
(6). This policy offers the following options to a student who is a member, or the spouse of a member if the member has a dependent child, of the Iowa national guard or reserve forces of the United States and who is ordered to state military service or federal service or duty:
A. Withdraw from the student’s entire registration and receive a full refund of tuition and mandatory fees.
B. Make arrangements with the Carlson College of Massage Therapy Administration for course grades, or for incomplete's that shall be completed by the student at a later date. If such arrangements are made, the registration for those courses shall remain intact and tuition and mandatory fees shall be assessed for those courses. Any course for which arrangements cannot be made for grades or incompletes shall be considered dropped and the tuition and mandatory fees for the course refunded.
All students receiving a refund this special military circumstance must provide proper documentation Carlson College of Massage Therapy Administration to verify change in soldier status.
*All students who receive a credit balance of Title IV Funds within in a payment period are responsible to repay Carlson College of Massage Therapy for all unearned Title IV money in that payment period. Failure to make repayment may result in Carlson College of Massage Therapy using the services of a collection agency or the legal system for this debt. The report of tuition due to a collections agency will result in a negative credit report filing.
*All accepted and registered students who do not attend the program on the first day will be contacted via telephone and email, if both are available. It will be communicated that they may still join the program by attending class or they will be removed from the class list after the fifth consecutive day of non attendance following the first day of the contract start date.
*Should a student cease attending class they will be considered a withdrawal following two weeks of non attendance.
*All refunds are based upon the student’s last day of attendance.
*All refunds will be issued within 45 days from student’s last day of attendance.